This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong leader to be General Manager of a new unique lifestyle property that has recently been converted from a Department store. The property situated in Oxford has been converted into a boutique hotel offering 101 rooms, spa, bar and destination restaurant.
One of the most exciting projects for the new General Manager will be to focus on establishing and repositioning the property within the market.
The hotel will offer 7 different room types with iconic views across the Oxford skyline. The hotel is scheduled to open in summer 2023 with a restaurant on the ground floor with an entrance facing the high-street, a roof top with 55 seats and the best views of the city.
We are seeking a well-rounded, entrepreneurial individual to drive the commercial outcomes and strategic agenda of this highly anticipated hotel rebranding. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a passionate General Manager who has the skill set and experience to drive the business forward and effectively lead an energetic and standards-driven team, with the objective to create a lifestyle hotel recognised in the city as the ‘place to be seen’. The successful candidate will have strong business and commercial acumen with a genuine passion for exemplary and outstanding service.
Essential skills and qualifications for the role
- An experienced General Manager with lifestyle and on-trend hotels.
- A team-focused business leader who is able to support, guide, lead, coach and develop the team whilst continuously raising-the-bar.
- A GM with both rooms and F&B experience. Ability to drive the restaurant revenue, benefitting from the high-street footfall in a busy city-centre location and captive in-house guests.
- Proven record of recruiting hiring and retaining talent (to a team of 30-45 employees)
- P&L responsibility
- Oversee the Spa operations, maximizing profitability.
- Current or earlier experience working in branded or soft branded properties
- Fluent in English
- Proven record setting and reviewing KPI’s, budgets and forecasts and ability to challenge performance
- Strong leader able to deliver agreed strategy and improvements across the business
- Initiative-taker, capable of handling multi-faceted projects whilst working under pressure
- Experience with Capex projects
Highly desirable skills and qualifications
- Pre -opening experience either as a GM or Head of Department will be an added advantage.
- Earlier career experience working in a Cathedral city or a city-centre location in the UK
- Earlier experience working with international hotel brands
- Experience managing the complexity of HR situations in the UK market
For more information or to apply, please contact Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1166