This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
We have an great opportunity for a Director of Business Development, MICE to join one of the largest privately-held hospitality organisations in the world. With almost 500 hotels across three continents our client has a diversified portfolio ranging from budget and apart hotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
The Director of Business Development MICE is responsible for leading and directing the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans and initiatives to deliver outstanding revenue and profitability from an established Account portfolio and through acquiring new business. The portfolio of branded hotels are in key cities spanning 8 countries across Europe. The positon does not have a fixed office base, which means the role can be carried out from any one of the 8 key European cities.
Although this role has no direct reports, good relationships with the hotels is paramount as there will be day to day involvement with GM, DOS, Revenue and GCE Departments. The DBD Mice will work closely with the brand to develop and implement strategies to maximize revenue from MICE clients and channels.
- Build & maintain relationships with the brand, internal stakeholders and clients
- Account Management of Strategic MICE Accounts
- Account Management of Agent Accounts
- To deliver growth in Account Managed Portfolio
- To deliver New Business Target
- To facilitate the Trade Show Calendar for the MICE segment, liaising with on property DOSM to support
- Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills;
- Ability to analyse data and establish appropriate action plans
- Ability to priorities tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- Min 5-years Hospitality Sales Experience
- Strategic Account Management Experience
- Excellent Presentation and Negotiation Skills
- Commercial attitude and proactive approach
- Self-motivated with highly competitive mind-set
- Foreign language skills preferred
For more information or to apply, please contact Mara at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1169