This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Based in the United States, our client is a Hospitality Management firm for a select profile of the most trusted, bold, and innovative hotels, resorts, restaurants, and hospitality brands.
Their success is built on a unique style of entrepreneurial management and ownership mentality that enables them to provide each of their properties with the individualized personal service of a small company, enhanced by the breadth and depth of the skill and experience at a larger company. They continue to invest heavily in their people, services, and infrastructure, to create value and optimize financial performance throughout their portfolio.
They now wish to hire a Regional VP of Operations who will be responsible for launching a new vertical platform into UK and Europe. The successful individual will work closely with the senior leadership team to bring on board, and get up to speed, properties acquired in the UK and Europe. The target market will be independent hotels and resorts in major UK and European cities. The business model is to purchase the assets, reposition them in the market, rebrand and renovate where necessary. The role will drive the due diligence process of the future projects acting as the operational expert.
This individual will function as a property performance mentor and liaison and provide direct and timely feedback and guidance to GMs on the success of their operations. This position manages financial performance and comparison with proforma expectations, tracks forecast, monitors expense management, and manages internal communication with properties.
Key skills and qualifications
- 5-7 years of prior lifestyle/luxury hotel management experience in a hotel operations leadership role for a similar hotel/resort setting
- Computer literacy and financial management required
- Track record of excellent performance with quantifiable, measured results
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company’s core values
- Progressive experience in hospitality that includes rooms operations
- Business communication skills.
- Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability
- Proven ability to resolve guest, supervisor and associate conflicts with ease and efficiency
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Present confidence and a professional appearance
- Willing to travel extensively and embed in properties to analyse performance
- Multi property oversight preferred
Essential skills and qualifications
- History of building high performance teams
- Strong F&B background
- Seasoned leadership professional from the hotel market
- Enthusiasm and self-drive
- History of building formidable team engagement
- Proven experience of driving financial/commercial performance across complex leisure products
- In-depth hotel sector experience, with an Operational, Finance or Commercial background
- P&L responsibility for a resort/hotel
- Proven history setting and reviewing KPI’s, understanding budgets and forecasts and ability to challenge performance results
- Financially astute with strong analytical skills
- Experience and history of creativity with major Capex projects, feasibilities, control, review, and monitoring
Highly desirable skills and qualifications
- A proven history in delivering outstanding results as a regional GM (or very experienced GM for a complex property of resort)
- A hospitality-related degree or diploma, such as F&B and hotel management
- Managed complex settings outside towns and cities
- Experience working for a major hotel group/ Owner
- Knowledge and experience with Opera a plus
For more information or to apply, please contact Guy at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1180