Our client is one of the largest privately held hospitality organisations in the world, with almost 500 hotels across three continents and has has formed strategic alliances with many of the world’s largest hotel brands.
They are now seeking to hire a Director of Sales, for one of their properties based in the country of Luexembourg,
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales will be part of the hotels’ Executive Team and will be fully involved in leading the hotels’ business strategies and related sales performance.
The successful candidate will be a commercially driven sales professional, focused on managing the hotels’ selling strategies to maximize revenues and to outperform the market.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation of a challenging and meaningful budget each year
- To prepare and manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales action plans in order to identify opportunities and segments requiring action
- Review current contracts and align future contracting actions to maximize opportunities and revenues, to outperform the market
- Analyse the individual performance and booking patterns of accounts and segments and to be able to articulately explain strategies and results to the Executive Team and to the hotels owning company during monthly business review meetings
- Create and sell promotions and events as required
- Lead the Sales team, ensuring that all hotels’ HR policies are adhered to
- Understand and interpret STR data to assist with hotel strategies to maximize revenues
- Work closely with the Director of Revenue Management to optimize overall business performance
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior sales function with an international branded hotel where there is substantial corporate / MICE business
- Qualified to degree level in a hospitality related discipline
- Analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends
- Experience of setting strategies and define actions for the hotel’s sales team
- Proven achievements working in a competitive market
- Creative sales leader able to identify and secure niches or sales opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Business fluent English (spoken and written) and ideally French
- Proven leadership skills involving to manage, develop, and motivate the team to achieve their objectives
For more information or to apply, please contact Mara at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 11669