Our client has been a pioneer of exceptional luxury travel since 1976. Its portfolio extends across 24 countries with 46 remarkable properties. From trains to river barges, safari lodges to hotels, each unique property has a distinctive story, personality and identity, with a personalised team to match.
They are now seeking a General Manager to head up their fleet of luxury barges operating in Burgundy, Champagne and Provence. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader with a passion for excellence and storytelling in travel, a strong cultural awareness and an unswerving approach to maintaining standards. The ideal candidate will embrace and deliver the vision of the company, be responsible for strategic planning, efficient operations and leadership ensuring that the service standards and profitability are maintained along with upholding the brand strategy of being the number one luxury travel experience in the world.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to the luxury travel sector – both locally and internationally
- Ability to interact and build relationships with the local community and returning guests
- Ability/experience to create new excursions and activities for our guests. Experience of consistently driving Excellence and reaching LQA targets
- Proud Custodian of Culture & Product – fits with the product positioning, infrastructure, and locally connected (or able to do so)
- A pioneering mindset, looking to improve one’s-self and the property
- Striving for Excellence with an ability to translate manifestos into reality and to create innovative concepts as property differentiators
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant senior level experience within the luxury hospitality industry
- Fluent French and English speaker
- An impeccable eye for detail with an unswerving approach to standards in order to consistently reach Excellence
- Financial acumen and commercially focused
- Ability to manage operations in multiple locations
Highly Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of culinary arts
- A business and/or hospitality related qualification (BA/MBA)
To apply, please contact Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1169
Due to the expected level of response, it will only be possible to contact candidates who have the relevant and required level of experience.