General Manager, Heidelberg – Position Filled
This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
This is a great opportunity to join an international company that is famed for its successes throughout Europe and to be part of the continuing drive for exceptional service and increasing profitability.
Our client is now looking for a General Manager to oversee the re-opening of one their properties in the beautiful city of Heidelberg. Having recently rebranded, the position of General Manager is a fantastic opportunity to continue the success of the hotel in the city.
- To be responsible for the dynamic operations of the hotel.
- Hire, train and retain the full hotel team.
- To ensure the hotel team are fully trained to the expected elevated level and all direct reports are fully in line with the same goal.
- To drive profitability in the hotel through ensuring premium rota efficiency and thorough control of all operational cost areas
- To drive the hotel revenue by leading the Managers and team members with the goal of safeguarding all upsell potentials and revenue streams are captured
- Fully accountable for the delivering of KPO’s, annual reviews and all subsequent requirements for direct reports
- To drive and take the lead role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures, and skills development
- To ensure the hotel is constantly presented at its best by a thorough diligence and installing the same culture into all team members
- To ensure quality measures are maintained throughout the company using such tools as SALT, TripAdvisor, STR etc.
- Managing HOD’s, ensuring all departmental rotas are operating at optimum efficiency
- All areas of costs to be well maintained and operated within the budgeted targets
- Pro-actively pursue all practices in-line with company environmental and energy saving initiatives
- Take a pro-active approach to ensuring the continued long-term success of the Hotel
- Project manage any key strategic priorities
- To lead the budget process and then subsequent implementation through the leadership team
- Pre-opening and opening experience of an Internationally branded hotel
- A highly commercially driven GM building relationships with key corporate Clients
- Degree or equivalent qualification, ideally in a hospitality discipline
- Seasoned and experienced GM with the maturity to manage the complexity of the dynamic product offering
- Exceptional networking skills to be seen as a true leader in the city and build genuine relationships on a regular basis
- An experienced GM with internationally branded hotels who has knowledge of both rooms and food & beverage
- Fluent in German and English
For more information or to apply, please contact Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 8600 1182