Our client has been a pioneer of exceptional luxury travel since 1976. Its portfolio extends across 24 countries with 46 remarkable properties. From trains to river barges, safari lodges to hotels, each unique property has a distinctive story, personality and identity, with a personalised team to match.
They are now seeking a General Manager for one of their new trains. This individual will be the face and character of the train, whilst delivering the vision of the company, driving the business forward and striving for excellence. The General Manager will also be responsible for providing strategic planning, efficient operations, and leadership for the train, ensuring that the service standards and profitability are maintained.
The role will encompass the following areas:
- Strategy & Brand
- Marketing, Guest, and Public Relations
A full job description will be shared upon application, however, flexibility of the role is essential and you will be asked to carry out whatever duties best meet the needs of the guests.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to the luxury travel sector – both locally and internationally
- Ability to interact and build relationships with the local community and returning guests
- Ability/experience to create new excursions and activities for the guests. Experience of consistently driving Excellence and reaching LQA targets
- Proud Custodian of Culture & Product – fits with the product positioning, infrastructure, and locally connected (or able to do so)
- A pioneering mindset, looking to improve one’s-self and the property
- Striving for Excellence with an ability to translate manifestos into reality and to create innovative concepts as property differentiators
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant senior level experience within the luxury hospitality industry
- Fluent English speaker
- Experience with working and developing local talent
- An impeccable eye for detail with an unswerving approach to standards in order to consistently reach Excellence
- Financial acumen and commercially focused
- Ability to manage operations in multiple locations
- Excellent (both verbal and written) communication and interpersonal skills
Highly Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of culinary arts
- A business and/or hospitality related qualification (BA/MBA)
For more information or to apply, please contact Guy at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1182