Director of Sales & Marketing – Milan
Our client is one of the largest privately held hospitality organisations in the world, with almost 500 hotels across three continents and has formed strategic alliances with many of the world’s largest hotel brands. One of their properties in Milan is now seeking to hire a Director of Sales & Marketing who will be responsible for leading and directing the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans and initiatives in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Set in a commercial area of Milan, the hotel is situated 15 minutes’ drive from Milan Linate Airport and has close transport links to the centre of Milan for shopping and tourist attractions including the Piazza del Duomo and soaring Gothic Milan Cathedral. Featuring just over 400 rooms, the hotel also offers extensive meeting facilities (including an expo centre), a business centre, gymnasium and several dining options.
The main purpose of the role will be to proactively position and market the property; manage the marketing budget to enable development of hotel specific campaigns, promotions, collateral, etc. to drive revenue and meet business objectives.The DOSM will work closely with the brand and revenue management, to develop and implement strategies to maximize Revpar and grow market share in a profitable way and grow market share as measured by STR.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Current experience in leading the sales function with an international branded hotel group, in a city centre location with multiple competitors
- Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English and Italian
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extensive knowledge of sales and revenue management
- Ability to analyse data and establish appropriate action plans
- Ability to prioritise tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- Ability to appreciate “the big picture”, whilst having a talent for detail in task approach, follow-up & completion
- Excellent computer skills – sound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation & software packages, email, internet & intranet systems
- Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility
- High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
- Team player – with a sense of humour even in the face of adversity!
For more information or to apply, please contact Mara at email@example.com or call on +44 208 600 1169