General Manager – Milan
Our client is one of the largest privately held hospitality organisations in the world, with almost 500 hotels across three continents (US/Canada, Europe & Asia) and has formed strategic alliances with many of the world’s largest hotel brands.
They now have an opening for a General Manager at one of their hotels in the beautiful city of Milan.
The hotel has recently gone through a major renovation that resulted in the rebranding and repositioning of the property into a high-end 4 star, lifestyle hotel. Offering 200+ beautifully appointed and refurbished rooms and suites, 5 small/medium meeting rooms, a fitness centre, a café, a restaurant and a brand new concept restaurant on the top floor. The hotel offers the perfect location and solution for both the business traveller or leisure stay..
One of the most exciting projects for a new General Manager will be to focus on the rebranding and repositioning of the hotel in the market. They are looking for a strong leader who can build a team for a new brand by developing and inspiring his/her team. The goal would be to deliver the annual budget, improve the operational delivery, drive the performance and the launch the property next year. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a company that is known for its successes throughout Europe.
Reporting to the report to the Regional Operations Director, the key objectives of the role will be:
- Delivering the annual budget through the agreed commercial strategies
- Hands-on operator with strong people management skills driving employee engagement and delivering the highest levels of customer service
- Rebranding and repositioning of the hotel
- Dealing with outsourced companies
- An experienced hotelier with minimum 3 years’ experience as a General Manager in an internationally branded hotel
- Fluent English and Italian speaker
- Strong knowledge of the Italian market
- A strong understanding of commercial functions, corporate and MICE segments, sales and marketing, revenue
- Good knowledge of F&B
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Proven leadership skills involving the ability to manage, develop and motivate a strong executive team to achieve their objectives
- A positive and motivated firsthand approach
- Proven history in client negotiations and account strategizing
- Rebranding and repositioning experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Degree qualification – desired but not essential
For more information or to apply, please contact Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1169