Director of Sales – Central Italy
Our client is one of the largest resort operators in Italy with a portfolio of hotels spread across the main Italian tourist coastal destinations, including Sardinia, Sicily, Apulia, Abruzzo, Piedmont and Calabria.
They now have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Sales who will be instrumental in implementing a new sales team. This new role has been created following the retirement of the current commercial director. The role will report to the current Director of Sales and Marketing who is a detail orientated leader. The company culture is to provide clear parameters and give freedom to run with key milestones and KPI’s to achieve.
- The Director of Sales will launch into Europe including UK, Germany focusing on MISC and transient business through a network of sales representatives across the region
- Responsible for boosting sales into the North of Italy as well as the new markets in Europe
- Supervise the reservations department, train the head of reservations, coaching on IT and sales approach. The OTA’s are managed by the Director of Revenue.
- Meet the clients and travel companies to discover additional revenue
- The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of the Italian resorts market and will know which doors to knock on with tour companies and agents
- Must have background experience of 4 – 5 star resorts in Italy
- Ability to implement new sales strategies with a strong knowledge of the Italian and European markets
- An open, transparent leader who is a true sales warrior. Someone who doesn’t always take the easy route
Although the position is based in central Italy, the role can be remote 1-2 days per week, the company culture is focused on results not formality.
For more information or to apply, please contact Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1169