Resort Managing Director, Southern UK – Position Filled
This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is the is one of the largest private property companies in Europe and an expert and highly active hotel investor with a worldwide investment and development programme.
They now have a vacancy at one of their resort properties for a Managing Director who will be charged with formulating and driving the strategy and operations of the Hotel Leisure Facilities, Accommodation, Elite Sport, and Meeting & Events space to ensure sustainable financial growth, guest and member satisfaction and elevated levels of team engagement.
Key objectives of the role include:
- To ensure business targets for membership, revenue, occupancy, and profit achieve or exceed budget and effectively manage the cost elements of the income statement
- Accountable for appropriate governance and compliance with legal requirements and achieving optimum audit scores in all H&S, food hygiene and licensing audits
- Adheres to national and local business laws and regulations, company policies and requirements including PCI compliance and GDPR
- Develop the business case for any Capex and project manage delivery of the works agreed to time and budget
- To provide clear leadership and maintain a shared vision of success for the commercial, operational, and business support functions.
- Create a cohesive and high-performance management team that continuously strives for positive performance results and improvements, and is adept at crisis management
- Monitoring guest and member feedback and holding the management team accountable for meeting the needs of customers and delivering high quality service in addition to addressing any service failures that arise
- Ensuring operational departments are running efficiently and effectively with a focus on optimising revenue, effective cost control, achieving customer satisfaction and the delivery of high operational standards.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- History of building high performance teams
- Seasoned leadership professional from the membership and hotel market
- History of building strong team engagement
- The ability to balance costs within a seasonal work force
- Proven experience of driving financial/commercial performance across complex leisure products
- In-depth hotel sector experience, with an Operational, Finance or Commercial background
- P&L responsibility for a resort/hotel
- Proven history setting and reviewing KPI’s, understanding budgets and forecasts and ability to challenge performance results
- Financially astute with strong analytical skills
- Experience with major Capex projects, feasibilities, control, review, and monitoring
Highly desirable skills and qualifications
- A proven history in delivering outstanding results as a Managing Director (or very experienced GM)
- A hospitality-related degree or diploma, such as restaurant and hotel management
- Managed complex settings outside towns and cities
- Experience working for a major hotel group/ Owner
For more information or to apply, please contact Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1180