General Manager, Nairobi – Position Filled
This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world and throughout the years has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1000 hotels. This currently this stands at over 500 hotels across four continents.
They now wish to hire a General Manager for their property situated in the fast-growing business district of Upper Hill.
This is a senior leadership role, with this individual taking P&L responsibility for this successful 5-star property. The candidate will have a quality driven background as a General Manager, with experience leading a similar size 5-star hotel, ideally with a significant MICE operation. The company empowers the leaders of their business to be responsible for all facets of the business. The position will report to the Director of Operations, Africa.
Key objectives of the role
- Taking P&L responsibility and driving commercial success at a leading 5- star hotel in the city
- Delivering the annual budget through agreed commercial strategies and procedures
- Highly commercial operator with strong people management skills driving employee engagement and delivering the highest levels of customer service
- Able to optimise revenue and profit opportunities
- Elevating ADR, REVPAR
Key skills and qualifications
- Established tenure as an international General Manager
- Track record of success leading established 5 Star properties
- Success working for a major international hotel group
- Quality driven international experience in a major city
- Led big box 5 Star hotels with complexity
- Highly commercial
- Strong sales and marketing credentials
- Previous experience leading a quality hotel in Africa
- Previous experience in Nairobi