Cluster General Manager, Lusaka – Position Filled
This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world and throughout the years has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1000 hotels. Currently this stands at over 500 hotels across four continents.
They are now seeking to hire a Cluster General Manager to to take direct responsibility for two major hotels.
The successful candidate will have a quality driven background as General Manager, with ideally experience managing a similar quality, all suite five star hotel. As part of the leadership duties the Cluster General Manager will be responsible for all facets of the business. The position will report to the Director of Operations & Development Africa.
Key objectives of the role
- Taking a leadership role driving success at the market leading five star hotel following an extensive renovation in the city as well as a newly opened property
- Delivering the annual budget through agreed commercial strategies and procedures
- Hands on operator with strong people management skills driving employee engagepment and delivering the highest levels of customer service and the brand promise
- Able to optimise revenue and profit opportunities
- Elevating ADR, REVPAR – post a major renovation
Key skills and qualifications
- General Manager, with a track record of success working for a major international group
- Quality driven international experience in a major city
- Success in an upscale hotel with significant suite inventory
- Capable of building a team to deliver success in a five-star hotel
- Leads from the front
- Highly commercia
- Strong sales and marketing credentials along with strong M&E experience.