Human Resources Manager, Barcelona – Position Filled
This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is one of the largest privately held hospitality organisations in the world, with almost 500 hotels across three continents (US/Canada, Europe & Asia).
They are now seeking to hire an Human Resources Manager to join their team in the beautiful city of Barcelona. With a reputation as one of the best business hotels in the city, the successful candidate will have direct responsibility for areas of Labour Relationships, Recruiting, Internal Communication, Social Corporate Responsibility, Labour Risks, Workers Compensation, and other employee-related tasks.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing the relationship between the hotel and the Unions
- Short and long-term planning of all the HR related functions including workforce planning, staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, benefits, workforce training and development etc.
- Payroll Coordination: supervision of the payroll process to ensure that all personnel receive payment correctly and accurately
- Hiring: strategic decision making related to the organization of the workforce, giving advice and assistance to the different departments
- Budget management: efficiently manage and execute the annual payroll budget
- Collective interests: attend and direct meetings with Unions. Ensure the correct implementation of the collective agreement, as well as other regulations and legal requirements
- Internal Communication: ensure effective and sufficient communication channels between the different levels of the company, as well as among workers. Supervise the different activities and events carried out by the Human Resources department
- Social Corporate responsibility: comply with the different standards of the company regarding Corporate Social Responsibility
- Prevention of occupational hazards: define the company’s policy on Occupational Risk Prevention, as well as ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Administrative Tasks: update of workers data, INE surveys, LOPD, documentation of new employees
Essential skills and qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience as a HR Manager for a medium to large property with more than 130 employees
- Studies in Labour Relationships and Human Resources, Finance and Administration or similar
- Spanish native level
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of European and local laws, payroll and employment issues, taxation and other labor law and legislation. Understanding of labor legislation with an emphasis on part-time and overtime regulations
- Strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wages and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and ability to foster healthy employee relations
Highly desirable skills and qualifications:
- Masters degree in Human Resources Management
- Fluent English
- Previous experience in hospitality
- Previous experience in dealing with Trade Unions
- Catalan speaker with previous working experience in Barcelona
For more information or to apply, please contaxt Mara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1169