General Manager, Casablanca – Position Filled
This job opening has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world and has had an ownership interest in and operated hotels across four continents.
Following a $16m Euro renovation the hotel will open at the end Q1 2022. Our client is now looking for a General Manager to take full P&L responsibility for this major hotel asset.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong, commercial leader who will be capable of building and directing the team from the front, in order to position this new hotel in the market. This represents a fabulous opportunity to lead a major hotel in a vibrant city, whilst joining one of the most acquisitive hotel investors in EMEA.
Key objectives of the role
- Taking a leadership role both in the hotel and in the market by successfully defining the hotel as one of the leading upscale business hotels in the City
- Delivering the annual budget through agreed commercial strategies and procedures
- Hands on operator with strong people management skills driving employee engagement and delivering the highest levels of customer service and the brand promise
- Able to optimise revenue and profit opportunities
- Reposition the hotel driving ADR with the focus to develop strategies in order to achieve an increase within the first 12months
Key skills and qualifications
- Experience working as a General Manager for an International upscale hotel
- Big box experience with extensive ME knowledge
- Experience managing a hotel in a major city / gateway city
- Previous experience working in a vibrant city environment where French is the business language
- Highly commercial
- Strong sales and marketing credentials
- Capable of launching a rebranded / renovated hotel on the market
- Fluent French and English speaker
- Current or previous core brand experience
- Previous experience in North Africa
- Arabic speaker