Our client, a hotel management company, mandated us to find on their behalf a General Manager with pre & post opening experience with a branded hotel, to provide day-to-day leadership and direction. This would be done by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
Day to day responsibilities would also include:
- Demonstrating brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand and service standards, and license agreement mandates
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
- Guest interaction
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results
- Analyse financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owners to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position
From a shortlist of candidates, we’re delighted that one was chosen to prepare the hotel to be ready for opening later this year.